Attitudes to school can vary widely at different stages but PRE-SCHOOL is the first time your child attends school and is exposed to a new environment. You, as a parent, can help the adjustment by practicing a few rules to make your child’s “going to school” a happy experience.
- To reduce separation anxiety, play games like hide and seek or peek-a-boo to help him/her understand this phenomenon of separation.
- Explain to your toddler what to expect if you are going out and when you are going to be back.
- Be positive to reduce separation anxiety. Leave with a smile and don’t be nervous
- Curb your own separation pangs because if you are having trouble separating, your child will always pick this up.
- Remember that your child may have a very different (perhaps better)experience than you did.
- Talk about your time at school in a positive manner.These guidelines will help your child be more independent, happy and secure. Remember the more secure you feel, the more confident your child will be.